What Are the Advantages of Online Consulting?
The online consulting format can be beneficial for anyone from the sedentary individual who hopes to improve fitness and body composition to the serious athlete looking for that edge for greater competitive success.
Online consulting offers three significant advantages over traditional personal or group training:
1) Highest quality coaching
With traditional training, the client is limited by the availability of instructors in the immediate area.
The online format allows clients to select a consultant with the highest level of knowledge about cutting edge training practices, exercise physiology, sport and exercise psychology, and nutrition.
Online consultants can provide top quality instruction and support even to clients in remote locations anywhere in the world.
2) Frequency of contact
Personal training sessions allow clients to interact with their trainers only once or twice a week, and interactions with instructors in group fitness classes occur even less frequently or not at all.
With online consulting, you can submit your questions, concerns, and comments to your coach at any time of day and do so regularly throughout the week.
With frequent contact and high-quality instruction and support, online consulting provides a much greater value to the client. The cost of online training is less than traditional training, but with the additional benefits of expertise and ongoing, regular support.
My Training Approach
I’d like to tell you a little about my basic philosophy of training as an online consultant.
There are three general factors that MUST be addressed to achieve athletic success or fitness goals:
The first factor is strength and conditioning
Examples of general training goals include
- Fat loss
- Muscle mass (hypertrophy)
- Aerobic power
The second factor is nutrition
Eating correctly is important for
- Maintaining or developing muscle mass
- Reducing body fat
- Satisfaction rather than deprivation
- Sport performance
- Cognitive performance
- Mental health
The third factor is performance
Psychological principles can be used to
- Set specific and meaningful goals
- Improve competitive focus and intensity
- Manage performance anxiety
- Enhance the efficiency of training
- Promote adherence to training or nutrition programs
The Intelligent Athlete Has a System
I believe it’s important for my clients to simplify the process of improving athleticism or fitness. If you want to be efficient in your training, you need to set specific goals and use the most effective strategies to achieve them. This is where I can help you.
To avoid wasting time and effort, you need a system. My goal is to help you develop a program for strength and conditioning, nutrition, and performance that will a) produce excellent results b) in the shortest amount of time c) with minimal impact on lifestyle, time, and mental health. What I offer:
Strength and Conditioning Plan
- Individual training program to support athletic or body composition goals
- Guidelines for exercise selection, timing, and frequency
- Sport-specific recommendations
- Examples of how to coordinate your training with your competition or work schedule
- Customized recommendations for energy and macronutrient intake to meet your athletic, fitness, or body composition goals
- Food suggestions to promote performance, satisfaction, and program adherence
- Replacement foods for those with food sensitivities
- Strategies for eating out at restaurants
- Guidelines for meal timing to support competition, training, and body composition goals
- Goal setting strategies and guidelines
- Principles from cognitive psychology to improve focus and eliminate distractions
- Suggestions for reducing anxiety related to performance or program adherence
- Consistency building with behavior modification strategies
If you are interested in my services, here is how the process works:
Contact me for a free consultation. Click the link below to go to my contact form. After you submit information about yourself, including your current exercise plan, athletic or fitness goals, lifestyle, and schedule, I will respond to you within 3 days to let you know what to expect if we agree to work together on developing your program. I look forward to hearing from you!